The forthcoming International Symposium for Young Researchers in Translation, Interpreting, Intercultural Studies and East Asian Studies, will be held on July 3rd, 2020 at the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is March 9th, 2020. Abstracts must be submitted using the on-line form available at the website of the symposium.
This symposium for young researchers is aimed at students who have recently begun their research as M.A. students, PhD students or those who have recently completed their PhD theses. The purpose of this symposium is to provide a scientific forum within which the next generation of researchers can exchange ideas and present their current research in the field of Translation, Interpreting, Intercultural Studies or East Asian Studies.
We invite proposals for papers relating to the research interests of the Department of Translation and Interpreting & East Asian Studies (UAB), namely:
Translation and interpreting
● Specialized translation
● Literary translation
● Audiovisual translation and media accessibility
● Information and communication technologies in translation
● Translator and interpreter training
● History of translation and interpreting
● Interculturality, ideology and the sociology of translation and interpreting
● Textuality and translation
● Cognitive studies in translation and interpreting
● Professional aspects of translation and interpreting
● Empirical research in translation and interpreting
East Asian studies
● East Asian languages and literatures
● Politics and international relations in East Asia
● Culture, thought, and interculturality in East Asia
● Economy of East Asia
The symposium languages are Catalan, Spanish and English.
Participants should limit their presentations to 15 minutes to allow time for Q & A and comments by the audience.
No proceedings will be published. All participants will receive a certificate of attendance. A further certificate will be given to those who present papers.
Attendants who are also registered in the PhD Summer School at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (June 29-July 2, 2020) do not have to pay registration fees, but they will have to fill in and submit the symposium registration form.
For more information: