13/14 November 2017 – Brussels, Belgium
Invitation and Call for Participation
META-FORUM is a conference series organised by META-NET, a European network of excellence that consists of 60 research centres in 34 European countries. META-FORUM 2017 is the seventh edition of the event and will take place in Brussels, Belgium, on 13/14 November 2017.
META-FORUM 2017 Sessions:
- Strategic Agenda for the Multilingual Digital Single Market: Update
- Towards the Human Language Project
- Language Technologies for Multilingual Europe – Survey Results
- Multilingual Technologies for the Digital Single Market
- Research sessions on Machine Translation and other topics
- European Language Technology platforms and infrastructures
- The European language communities: recent developments
- Machine Translation in Public Services
- Platforms and Infrastructures for Multilingual Europe: Panel Discussion
- Award Ceremony – META Seal of Recognition, META Prize
Registration is free of charge. Please register at:
Acknowledgment: The first funded phase of META-NET was successfully completed in 2013 through the EU-funded projects T4ME, CESAR, METANET4U and META-NORD. The second phase of the META-NET initiative started in 2015, initially funded through the EU-project CRACKER (2015-2017). META-FORUM 2016 has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement no. 645357 (CRACKER). CRACKER is also the initiator and driver of the emerging Cracking the Language Barrier federation, consisting of organisations and projects that work on technologies for a Multilingual Europe.