The language business tomorrow
– towards a virtual future
Palais des Congrès
Juan Les Pins 8 – 9 May 2014
2nd CALL FOR PAPERS
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
MONDAY, 9th DECEMBER
The theme and sub-text of the 9th EUATC conference is looking towards the increasing globalization of the language industry and its use of the Internet to enable it to operate across borders and time zones to service a market place currently worth nearly $35 billion and growing.
The EUATC’s organising committee is looking for paper proposals that pick up this theme and hopefully address some of the suggested topics below:
* Can virtual LSPs deliver?
* Costing solutions for a global market place
* Debt management for LSPs operating globally
* Legal challenges for the language industry operating across borders and legal jurisdictions * Copyright, ownership of terminology glossaries and other legal mazes * Education and the EC – can it help deliver tomorrow’s professionals? * Managing language networks
* Crowd sourcing for the language industry – can it work?
* Marketing language services nationally and internationally * Digital marketing for the translation industry
* Cloud technology – a silver lining for the sector?
These are only suggested areas, if you have other ideas please that fit with the overall theme please submit them so the conference committee may consider them. Please email a brief outline (250 – 350 words) along with a short biography to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the European Union of Associations of Translation Companies visit: http://www.euatc.org
Copyright © 2013 European Union of Associations of Translation Companies, All rights reserved. Our mailing address is:
Suite 24 6th Floor
New England House
New England Street
Brighton BN1 4GH